BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 28, 2011

It's okay to laugh...because that wasn't real, Right?

I stumbled across a video last night while talking to a couple of my floor mates, it was on youtube, and titled, Wobblegirl-this is how you dance to dubstep. It is a video of a girl who "suffers" from Dystonia, a neurological disorder, triggered from a seasonal flu shot. In the original video she is proving to the news how "tragic" it has been, and what it has done to her life. Take a moment to watch this:

Measure your laughter

If your sense of humor is anything like that of the four of my friends that were watching this, you most likely laughed, if not laughed hysterically. The syncrony of her "Dystonia" outbursts and the music, prove to be hilarious. But I could not help but wonder if I was laughing merely because this situation was completely fake. If in fact Dystonia had truly ruined this beautiful woman's life, would we still be laughing at such a disgusting display of mockery?

I caught myself often saying, "Wow, we are messed up for laughing at this" quickly to remind myself that it was fake after all. The relief factor of laughter is so powerful. And it often goes unnoticed. But next time you are laughing at something that is fake, that would be unfortunate if it was real, ask yourself, how would your laughter really change if it was in fact real, and would you really laugh at all?

-Dr. Giggles

0 comments: